Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete dropdown values of a custom label field

Simon Sahli July 19, 2022

Hey Atlassian community,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to delete some dropdown values created by our users for a custom label field, which is used in the Jira portal.
We have many redundant and unnecessary options, which I would like to get rid of.

Following an example with the keyword "Google":

Jira_label_field.PNG

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2022

Hi @Simon Sahli ,

As per my knowledge, options will be removed automatically by removing the label from the all issues. 

more info :

To completely delete a label from a JIRA instance, the label must be first removed from all the issues in that instance.
Once the label is removed from all issues, it will no longer be seen when browsing a labels. However, the deleted label might still show up on the browser immediately after deleting the label from all issues. Please be aware, it might be caused by index/cache replication eventually will become consistent or browser cache would need to be flushed and reloaded

You can refer below link for complete info

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-delete-a-label-in-jira-297667646.html

Simon Sahli July 19, 2022

Thanks @Sreenivasaraju P for your detailed response! Then I will try the mentioned workaround with deleting some of the wrong labels on the issues and then also watch the issue at Atlassian to stay updated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events