Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete attachement for customers

Afifa October 28, 2022

I want the customers to be able to delete their own attachements in jira . I used the API Delete Attachement and I added the permission for them to do. 

But they can´t delete theirs. is it possible or not for customers to delete theirs attachements in the customer portal?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Hi @Afifa ,

unfortunately you can't do that. There is an open request for this improvement https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4361

Please vote for it.

Fabio

Afifa October 28, 2022

Even if I use the REST API DELETE Attachement. It is not possible? because for other group and roles they could if i use the API not the customers?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

In order to do that through the API, customer should have permissions to access jira, the related project and delete own attachments. if not, they will be not able to do that through rest api.

Fabio

Afifa October 28, 2022

Yes the customers have permissions to access the customer-portal and I added permission for them to be able to delete their own attachements. But nothing changes?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2022

They should have permission to access JIRA project and not just the portal. If not, you are not able to perform delete attachment operation. REST API delete attachemnt is for jira users.

Afifa October 28, 2022

Ok thank you Fabio you were very helpfull.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2022

you're welcome @Afifa 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events