Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer notifications

Dorothy Callahan August 24, 2022

Hi all

Customers are receiving initial notification when request created through portal but not if “Reply to Customer” is commented to issue by service desk. Customer notifications settings.pngPortal request view of notification setting deafult.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2022

Hello @Dorothy Callahan

Thank you for reaching out.

Checking your screenshots, I can confirm your customer is not receiving notifications of that specific issue because the notifications were manually turned off by the customer.

The customer turn on the notifications by simply clicking on the "Notifications Off" button again:

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 12.44.54 PM.png

That being said, can you please describe to us what is the issue you are facing exactly? Is there any behavior that you were not expecting with the customer notifications?

Please, let us know if you have any questions.

Dorothy Callahan September 1, 2022

@Petter Gonçalves Thank you for your response.  I took a screen shot of my view at the request rather than the reporters so I apologize on that front.  The reporters' have all been defaulting to Notifications On.  

As a PSA, the issue was someone reported the Jira email address as a Phishing Alert and our IT blocked the email.  Ugh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events