Custom Date / Time Field with Default Value set is displaying the server Time

Jason Green December 7, 2021

Steps to replicate:

1. Create Standard Date / Time custom field and set default value as the Current Date / Time

2. Build any request type and add the custom field to the Agent and Request forms.  Make the field mandatory, I have not tested this as an optional field

3. Run the request type from the portal and Send

The Portal Create and Agent View displays the server Time

The Portal View displays the correct Time

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

@Jason Green 

Hi Jason:

So are you asking why Agent's view (project's view issue screen) doesn't display the custom date/time properly.  If so, you will need to check what is the default user account's time zone setup.  The date/time display within project's UI (non-portal) is controlled base on each agent's profile's account setting - Time Zone.

2021-12-07_7-35-09.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

I'm not asking a question, I'm noting this bug.  If this was a profile issue then all screens would display the same Time.  The Time in the Portal View screen is using the profile timezone, the others aren't.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

@Jason Green -

I would recommend you to file a bug report to Atlassian Support team, so they can address this bug.

Best, Joseph

That's not my job.  I would recommend you attempt to do that yourself and see what happens.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

I know that is not your job.  However you posted this entry in the community forum, so I thought we can provide some additional insights to your entry.  It is totally up to you on what you want to do.  

I know what happen with the setup.

Best, Joseph

If you had listened instead of taking my response as a personal slight you would find out that this is where the system sends you to report the bug,

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

I see your point.  Hopefully, someone from Atlassian Team will take your entry and generate a bug ask in their internal system. 

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events