Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming account ownership

Islam Abdullah June 30, 2021

Hello everyone, 

One of our team members has been offboarded from our organization and after he has left, we just discovered that his account access level is Org and site admin. 

My account is also admin, however, I am unable to remove him from the organization. He was using his personal email and when we have reached out to him, unfortunately, he is not willing to cooperate.

This is a very high risk as his access level can harm our production environment, therefore it is quite urgent to remove him as soon as possible.

I have been spending a quite long time trying to find a way to remove him, however, I have exhausted all options, so if anyone can put me in the right direction that would be highly appreciated.

Here is the reference number for the request which I have raised earlier for this issue. CA-1420643

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Islam Abdullah ,

As you've raised an issue with support that's perfect and the correct way to do it.

We as community volunteers won't be able to do anything on your instance itself so Atlassian (through your request will have to take a look).

I'll see if I can loop someone in through this question to give it maybe a bit more priority but I suggest viewing your request and following up there.

Islam Abdullah July 1, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans ,

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, the tech service team won't be able to assist further due to our account type. If I can get some guidance on how to deal with this issue I will be happy to do it myself. Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

I guess your account type is free maybe? The only thing I can think of is to create a new instance under a new site administrator and perform a migration.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2021

Hello Islam,

My apologies for the frustration. We can attempt to contact the current org admin via a support ticket, so I've moved your CA ticket over to support so we can proceed with that.

Thank you for your understanding! We'll keep you updated via the ticket.

Take care,

Shannon

Islam Abdullah July 6, 2021

Hello @Shannon S thank you so much for your prompt support, I really appreciate that you guys are absolutely incredible community and supportive. The issue has now been resolved. Thanks again 

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hello Islam,

I'm happy to hear the issue is resolved. It's my pleasure to help!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events