Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories on the portal

Zakaria Mjallad December 23, 2022

Hi,

I would like to collect all the requests I receive from customers in one central project. However, I would like to have different categories in the Self Service Portal: For example, "Make a request" "Report a fault" "Knowledge base".
All requests from these categories should be gathered in one project.
I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot

2 answers

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

Hi @Zakaria Mjallad ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

You can have different request types (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-request-types/) and use that information as category. That information will be part of your ticket and can be used also in your JQL. 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hello @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_

Thank you for your helpful reply.
I am aware of this option. I am talking about the categorization on the portal home page. I have attached a photo, which should give a little more information.

In the picture you see the 2 categories that map the portals, I would like to have categories that are not assigned to a portal, or at least that the requests of these categories all run in one project.
Do you understand what I mean?

Unbenannt.PNG

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

You probably have two different projects with a specific portal each. Both of them are in the Jira Service Desk main portal. If you wnat to have just one project with different request types, you need to merge projects first in one (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-merge-two-projects-Project-A-and-Project-B-in-sheets/qaq-p/2065842) and then setup two different request type with the specifi single portal.

Fabio

Like # people like this
Zakaria Mjallad December 26, 2022

Thank you for this idea. In theory, it sounds already quite promising.
I understood the post you linked to me to mean that tickets are moved from one project to another, but that would only be temporary. But I could not find this setting for me (see screenshot).
So I do not quite understand how this will be implemented automatically in the future?

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2022

@Zakaria Mjallad -

I agreed with what @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ suggested.  In the JSM main help center page (landing UI), it lists all available JSM projects.  Afterward, your customer can click into each project, and then create his/her requests for that project.

Using the request types and request type grouping are the recommended way in using JSM.

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS