How to merge two projects, Project A and Project B, in sheets using jql?

Ch Vamsi Krishna June 28, 2022

How to merge two projects, Project A and Project B, in sheets using jql? Project A and Project B have different fields except for one. Trying to join the tables using this common field.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

Hi @Ch Vamsi Krishna ,

Welcome to the community !!

1. What do you exactly mean by sheets ?

2. If you are looking to merge tickets from project B to project A, then you can use "Move" issues of Bulk Edit
If you need all fields, then add the missing fields to project A screens and then do the bulk move from project B. 

Ch Vamsi Krishna July 1, 2022

hi @Rilwan Ahmed thank you for your assistance. I'm afraid my question is not clear.

Can I retrieve all the tickets from two different projects(each project has a few common fields). The tickets should be retrieved based on a conditional statement like, if project1.field1==project2.field1. Only the tickets with same token numbers from different projects should be retrieved. I want to filter out the uncommon data from different projects using jql condition.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

Hi @Ch Vamsi Krishna ,

"project1.field1==project2.field1" is Not possible in native Jira. I don't know if there is any plugin which can do this task.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

JQL is for finding issues, it has nothing to say about the data on those issues, that's up to how you are using the reporting.  Your "sheets" don't matter to Jira (unless you somehow import them)

To merge projects though, the most simple case is to search for a pile of issues and then use "bulk edit" to move them to the target project.

Ch Vamsi Krishna July 1, 2022

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

You say JQL has nothing to do with the data?

But, we can filter out fields using JQL, right?

Based on that logic, can I retrieve all the tickets from two different projects(each project has a few common fields)? The tickets should be retrieved based on a conditional statement like, if project1.field1==project2.field1

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2022

No, I wrote that JQL is for finding issues.

It gives you a list of issues that match some criteria.  It has nothing to say about the data on the issues, tha'ts handled by your reporting function.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events