Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find stakeholder field

Leon Schmidt March 17, 2022

I can't find the stakeholder field configuration anymore. I want to add the field to one of our projects screen, so we can use the "update stakeholder" function. 

Where can I activate this feature?

We are using Jira Service Management Cloud hosted.

Thanks,
Leon

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2022

Hi @Leon Schmidt

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can turn on the stakeholder function if you go to Project settings > Incident management. Have a look at this article for more information, Next level incident management in Jira Service Management .

Leon Schmidt March 18, 2022

Hi @Mikael Sandberg

thank you for your time.

I found the function, but even if enabled, there is no field under the details panel to manage stakeholders. Is there a custom field missing in my screen? It seems like there is no custom field "stakeholder" which I can add to my screen. 

Also, is it only possible to use this function with Incident management and not for example with Service management? 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

If you go to an Incident you should see the stakeholder field and the Manage button:Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 7.11.21 AM.png

If your incident type isn't fully set up yet you should see an exclamation mark next to it and if you click on it you should have the option to update your incidents.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Note that the Stakeholders field is not a custom field that you add to the screen, that is a function that is added to issues that are under the Incident category.

Leon Schmidt March 18, 2022

Okay I understand now. The exclemation mark was the missing peace for me. 

Thank you very much. :) 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
0 votes
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2024

I know this is older, but this might help some other folks who may have a similar issue. 

By default the stakeholders field should be present, but there is a case it has been removed if, for example, a company wasn't ready to utilize the Opsgenie so some of the functionality has been removed including the stakeholder field.

Adding the stakeholder field back

Stakeholder filled is a system field and isn ot present in custom fields so it's not available in the screen section

• Access project settings --> request type
  • Select your incident request type
  • Select the issue view
  • Search for the stakeholder field
  • It should appear as a system field
  • Map the field to the details section of your issue type
  • save and refresh the issue

The stakeholder field should now be present.  In connected opsgenie systems (i.e. you got Opsgeneie as you are a JSM premium or enterprise customer) your stakeholders need to be JSM licensed to receive the email.  I heard this is potentially changing in the future.

If you have a stakeholder tied to affected services, once you add an affected service the stakeholder field is populated.  otherwise, it should show 0 for stakeholders which allows you to click into the field and add any additional stakeholder needed.  If you add an affected service after already adding stakeholders manually, it will then add the tied stakeholders to the affected service. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events