Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an agent be a team member? Is there any restrictions on how many team members with the FREE vers

partha_sarker June 14, 2021

Hi there,

We, as a small company, want to start with JIRA Service Management free version before buying the premium product. I can see there is a limit of 3 agents, however, it does day nothing about any restrictions on the number of team members. I have two questions:

1. Can an agent be a team member? 
  2. Any restrictions on the number of team members?

We have 6 people in the team to assist others with various incidents and tickets.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Already grateful!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

Can you define “team member“? With JSM you have agents and customers. In the free version you get three agents and an unlimited number of customers. So if your team members are actually customers then you should be fine. However customers do not have access to the application except via the portal.

Now you also can have collaborators if you are using JSW. In this case any licensed Jira software users can be set up to browse and comment on GSM issues 

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your quick response. I am still learning the terms here, my apologies. Just to clarify, after an agent assigns a ticket/request to someone internal to address the issue, I called that "internal person" a team member.

Customer would be the person who lodges a complaint or incident, and it could be both internal or external. Now, here comes my question: how many people we can have in a team to attend the incidents, after an agent redirects those incidents to a respective team or teams?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

No worries, JSM takes time to learn. 

Agents:

• paid licensed users (beyond the free 3)
  • can work issues (Assignee) to closure

Customers:

• free users
  • create and interact (comments, transitions) on issues

in your case I would say “team members” are actually agents since they would be assigned to issues. 

Like partha_sarker likes this

Grateful for your reply, Jack, answers the question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events