Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to Alert if a Ticket hasn't been created.

Luke Simms March 24, 2023

Hello,

Basically we have had the sync between creating a ticket from our helpdesk email fail a couple of times and it has gone unnoticed.

I was wondering what would be the best way to have a daily check that this is still active but it's automated. 

I have created a Power Automate to send a email at a certain time to the helpdesk to auto generate a ticket. I was then going to create an Automation that resolves that issue when it arrives so we don't really notice it when it's working correctly. 

I then got stuck because I can't seem to see a way to get it to create a ticket if this above process does not happen or anyway to send an alert if the automation fails. 

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Luke

2 answers

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2023

Hi @Luke Simms,

It may be worth having a look at who is configured as the owner of the automation rule that creates the ticket. You can verify that in the rule's details.

If anything goes wrong with an automation rule, an email notification is sent automatically to the rule owner. Maybe that alone may be enough to cover your use case?

Hope this helps! 

0 votes
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Hello @Luke Simms 

Thanks for this question! It's always fun to come up with some logic to solve a problem (that's the closet developer within ;) )

What you are looking for is something like:

• Check daily after automation should have run
  • Check if there are issues from a certain e-mail address
  • Check if the issues are created since the previous day
  • Check if there are any open issues

I haven't run this automation in my environment, but this is what I came up with. Curious to hear how it is working out for you.

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 20.17.31.png

Luke Simms March 27, 2023

Hi Paul,

Thank you for you reply and that looks like it should work and i've got the first part working correctly and the email for failure does not seem to send? It just says No Action Required on the logs. Any ideas of what i'm missing/doing wrong?

automation.PNG

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

Hello @Luke Simms 

It looks like the if/else blocks need something to verify. If it can't find issues, it won't trigger. 

I played around a bit and got it to work with this:

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 14.06.03.png

So, first you need to look up your issues with the Lookup Issues action, then perform the checks on those results. An extra benefit is that the required checks are a lot easier.

Shelby Corbitt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2024

For anyone using this as reference - make sure you capitalize the I in Issues! {{lookupIssues}}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events