Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule: create 2 issues with different subtasks

Peter Hubacek July 28, 2021

Dear all, 

I´m positive somebody else already had the same issue as myself and my struggle now for 2 days can be brought to a swift solution. Here it comes:

Setup:

• I´m site-admin for our whole Jira-instance, so my permissions are not the problem
  • We have (for this question) 3 different service projects - HR, Procurement, Servicedesk
  • n different persons are entitled to work in these projects (i.e. a HR-employee can´t see Procurement-issues and vice versa)
  • Onboarding-request comes from our customer to HR-queue
  • HR-employee shall start via Automation the creation of 2 issues (one to Procurement, one to Servicedesk) for the different tasks of these departments with 3-8 subtasks each

Tried (and failed) solution:

Manually triggered automation rule in project HR:

Set responsible person A / HR-department

Branch

Create task in project (and department) Procurement

> And Create subtask 1, responsible person B

> And Create subtask 2, responsible person C

> And Create subtask 3, responsible person D

Create task in project (and department) Servicedesk

> And Create subtask 1, responsible person E

Result:

Automation rule starts and creates the 2 tasks in projects Procurement and Servicedesk - phew

Automation throws errors in creating all subtasks with response "Subtasks must be created in same project" (error is in German, so translation is rough) - grrr

Can anybody give me some advice where my tried and failed solution went astray? Thanks in advance, Peter

PS: if possible, I want to avoid plugins...

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Hi @Peter Hubacek

Try creating them as separate rules  and make sure they pick up the original triggered project (onboarding request). The triggers will be the same, but you will be creating separate rules. 

Cheers

Peter Hubacek August 6, 2021

Thanks, Fabian

Will try your solution and see if it works this way.

P.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events