Automation for Jira - Custom Status Label

Ben August 11, 2022

I'm trying to create a "template" text which I can apply to a ticket when I see fit. I was going to use an Automation however the template I want to use contains a custom status:

Screenshot 2022-08-11 215716.png

Can someone provide the markdown to use for a Status?

2 answers

0 votes
Ben August 11, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall thanks for coming back to me. I would like to do the below process:

1. Transition the issue to a relevant status

2. Trigger the Automation

3. The automation sends the desired comment to the reporter.

In my screenshot above, the words "Change Request Created" are created using the "Status" type in the markdown editor here:

Screenshot 2022-08-12 105032.png

I can't work out how to do this in the editor in the Automation creation section.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

This guide should help with that:

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all

You'd want something like this (note I did a screen grab of your text so it may not be exactly ready for copy/paste):

{panel:bgColor=#deebff}
*CHANGE REQUEST CREATED*
{panel}

Thank you for your suggestion. We've created a change request to start implementing your suggestion. We will provide a further update when we have fully implemented your suggestion.

There are a few steps involved in implementing a change, so a there may be a slight delay in your suggestion being fully implemented.

In case you're interested, here are the next steps: 

# A new ticket is created, where someone from the IT Team works out the steps we need to take to implement your suggestion, how to reverse the steps (if something goes wrong) and how to test to make sure we've got it right.

# The new ticket is "peer reviewed". This means that another person must review the work to ensure there are no gaps.

# We are required to notify some teams (including National Executive) for specific changes.

# We then schedule the work and complete it, before letting you know it's all done.
Like Ben likes this
Ben September 4, 2022

That worked Brilliantly! I would love to be able to use different icons on the panel, this is what the panel using your markdown created:

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 10.36.57 am.png

I would like to be able to use these as well for different Automations:

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 10.35.36 am.png

Like Mark Segall likes this
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Ben - The different panel options will work by changing out the colors.  Here's the full list:

Error panel

{panel:bgColor=#ffebe6}
YOURTEXT
{panel}

Info panel

{panel:bgColor=#deebff}
YOURTEXT
{panel}

Success panel

{panel:bgColor=#e3fcef}
YOURTEXT
{panel}

Warning panel

{panel:bgColor=#fefae6}
YOURTEXT
{panel}

Note panel

{panel:bgColor=#eae6ff}
YOURTEXT
{panel}
0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2022

Hi @Ben - Can you please provide a little more context around how you're expecting the automation to work?  Is your expectation that...

1. You'll manually transition the issue to CHANGE REQUEST CREATED
  2. That will trigger the automation
  3. Desired content sent to the reporter (comment? Email?, Other?)
  4. Automatically create a linked request for IT

Having an understanding of the process you're trying to automate will help us provide a proper response.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events