Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation edit asset object

Jason Endres May 9, 2024

I am creating a jsm form where users can submit assets, you are not allowed to use create object when the unique field already exists. So i added If Step and a for each smart value to then go into the edit oject attributes flow. However Edit object attributes does not seem to have a way for me to give it the object i looked up in the for each. It errors :

No issues were found, stopping the rule.
Its looking at the jira issue that triggered the automation vs the lookup object or for object i just selected.
Is there any way to edit an object from a jsm form? 

Im on atlassian cloud there is no option to for by aql that i have seen online.

1 answer

1 vote
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

Hi @Jason Endres ,

You can use the asset management rest api's to update the asset management objects.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/assets/rest/api-group-object/#api-object-id-put - This is the reference for documentation.

Vijay

Jason Endres May 10, 2024

Is there a way to call the rest api from Automation @Vijay Dadi ?

Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events