cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto change the reporter field value

Giorgos A Tsavegias January 16, 2022

Hi Community.

In project A i have assignee X.

When assignee sets value L2 for field Labels, the current ticket is ESCALATED and a new ticket is created in project B, where the reporter is set by default to Automation for Jira

What i want is to change the reporter from Automation for Jira to assignee X.

I cannot figure out how i can do it.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2022

Hi @Giorgos A Tsavegias 

You should be able to create an automation with automation for Jira and in there, you can specify that it should copy assignee from source issue (the source issue is the issue that triggers the automation).

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

Similar to DD72AEBF-2FBA-4033-A43B-10D2E8172B35.png

You set it to copy from trigger issue.

Giorgos A Tsavegias January 17, 2022

@Ismael Jimoh 

Created the one below but i am not sure if it is correct. The point is that it is not executed.

AutoReporter.JPG

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2022

Yes that should fulfil your requirement.

1 vote
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2022

Hi @Giorgos A Tsavegias ,

Welcome to the community!

Have you setup the automation rule for the mentioned functionality, if No then please get in touch with your JSM administrators to modify the cross project automation rule to include modification to the reporter field. Currently it seems is set to the default Automation for Jira user.

If yes, then i would suggest you store the assignee to a user custom field in source issue and use the same to populate reporter in target.

You can refer: Set Reporter from a custom field  

Kind Regards

Utkarsh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events