Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Comment Interval 5 minutes?

Hendriawan November 16, 2022

Hello, I want to ask, can we make JIRA Automation after someone trigger a specific comment, then we can auto reply the comment on 5 minutes interval?

Example, if an issue ticket is commented by a word "checking", then every 5 minutes JIRA will automatically post a comment for 3 times, then the ticket will be auto completed if there is no respond from the customer.

The point is, can we make interval time for auto reply comment? Can we use Schedule? but I think it's complicated.

Thank you before.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2022

Hello @Hendriawan 

One way to achieve this is to use an SLA combined with an automation.

First, create an SLA that starts when a comment is added. Set the time limit to 5m. Set other restrictions as required. For example

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 12.22.01.png

Next, you will need to create several automations depending on what you want to do. I am not aware of build in ways to loop through an automation several times. What you can do is create an automation for different breach times. For example.

• SLA is breached
  • SLA is breached for 5 minutes
  • SLA is breached for 10 minutes

You can then allow the automation to comment on the issue and, transition the issue in the last automation. 

Hopefully this will be of some help to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hendriawan November 20, 2022

Hello Paul, sorry for the very late response.

I tried this and it works flawlessly.

Thank you for your help !

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2022

No problem, good to hear it works for you! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events