Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Assignment issue : Unbale to assign Jira to Service management users

I have multiple service management users , Their role is defined as "Service management team" , Still I am unbale to assign Jira task to the agents. 
Added them from People --> "Add People" --> Assigned role as "Service management team" , I get this error When try to Assign Ticket to Agent. 
User "ug:4d9d9df7-414a-402e-967d-995c01586224" cannot be assigned issues"

I referred this 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/User-cannot-be-assigned-to-issues/qaq-p/1500798

but unbale to use this , probably something changed with version  ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Saurabh JOSHI -

Welcome to the community.  Just adding users to the "Service Desk Team" role alone, it doesn't give you the abillity to assign the issue to them.  In JSM, one will also need have actual JSM agent license.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin 
Thanks for the feedback this is very helpful. Is it applicable for trail version as well. 

Looks like a limit of 1 agent in the trail version. Seems I can add multiple agents but assign to only one agent. 

Glad to assist.  NOTE that one issue can only be assigned to one user in JSM.

If my suggestion helped you.  Please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Hi Saurabh,

Does the user have the "Assignable User" permission?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

302 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you