Apps from DC to cloud migration

Aleksandra Cieslak May 19, 2023

Hello Community!

I am wondering if you have any experience with migrating form DC/Server to Cloud hosting that includes jira apps migration? I am especially interested in JSM connected apps.

I've found the list of apps that support migration: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/marketplace-apps-for-jira-that-are-available-in-cloud-with-migration-paths-1069029089.html#MarketplaceappsforJirathatareavailableincloudwithmigrationpaths-JiraAppswithmigrationpaths

Was it easy to use the migration tools? Was there anything that was unclear or tricky for you? What are your thoughts? 

1 comment

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2023

Hello Aleksandra Cieslak,

Take stock of the apps and customizations you are currently making use of.
Apps aren’t automatically migrated when you move from server to cloud. To migrate any relevant app data, you’ll need to work with the vendor for each app. This includes Atlassian-built apps, like Team Calendars and Questions for Confluence. Some apps can export and import their data, but you’ll need to check with the app developers or their documentation to confirm if this is possible. 

1)Understand the differences between Atlassian’s Server and Cloud products , focusing specifically on functional differences.

2)Should take inventory of your apps and customizations. Find out which apps you currently have installed on your server and the cost of each.

3)Decide on the apps and customizations you will need in the Cloud

Feel free to ask in case of any other specific questions regarding this.

Thanks

Comment

AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events