Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any logged-in user versus Confluence User

Lauren Bertsch March 30, 2022

I recently came across this information when reading who can view material in Knowledge Base (of Jira Service Management):

• All logged-in users: Choose this option if you want to make articles in this space visible only to users who are logged in to your service project or help center. Your team will be able to view these articles in your service project and in the help center. And your logged-in customers will be able to view them in the help center. These articles are also visible to all active Atlassian account users. However, they can only view these articles in Confluence.

• Only Confluence users: Choose this option if you want to restrict access to articles in this space to licensed Confluence users who have access to this space.

What is the difference between these logged-in users and Confluence users? We currently provide our company access to our Confluence spaces but not our customers. We are considering using Jira Service Management Knowledge Base to link a Confluence space that houses our software manual so that our users (customers of our software) have access to the content from within our software.   I'm trying to decipher who logged-in users would be if I don't want anyone, including search engines, to find the content. 

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Lauren Bertsch

In your scenario, logged in users will be the employees who have access to your cloud site, but may not have a license to jira nor confluence.

So for example let's say you have 100 employees in your company and only 50 confluence licenses given away. As long as the 100 users have a jira account and you have all logged in users enabled, then they can find articles via the jsm search bar. If you had only confluence users set only the 50 will have access.

I hope this helps.

M Rahman Ari Wahyudi March 30, 2022

hope can solve mine

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events