Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding customers to organization when creating a ticket

Deleted user March 22, 2022

Hi all,

When an agent creates a ticket in Jira, how do I automate that it will be put on the corresponding organization?

It also isn't showing the Organizations field on this screen.

image.png

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

Hi @[deleted] - Based upon your screenshot, it appears the issue is being created via the native Create button rather than leveraging the "Raise a request" option on the left navigation.  When you use Raise a request, the issue will be created via the portal where the agent will have the ability to raise the request on behalf of another user and once selected, will be presented with the option to "Share with" which is where the organization would be selected.

I want the possiblity to create it via the native button. Also why is the native button there?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

You can still create via the native button, but it just won't be as clean of a process.  Creation of issues this way does not create them as a "Request".  The issue must have a Request Type associated with it in order for it to get the JSM treatment.  To my knowledge, this is not something that can be set on the native Jira Create screen which is why I recommend raising requests the other way.

Now, if your process cannot be tweaked for whatever reason, you could technically create issues through the Create function and use automation to automatically apply the request type upon creation.  A couple caveats:

1. If you have multiple request types on your project, you'll need business logic to determine which request type should be set
  2. If the customer is affiliated with multiple orgs, you'll need to identify business logic to help automatically set the organization

why is the native button there?

To understand why it's there requires a brief history of JSM.  Jira began strictly as an ALM tool.  After a while, a marketplace partner created Jira Service Desk which enabled additional features for teams that wanted to use Jira like a traditional ticketing solution.  Atlassian has since acquired and rebranded as Jira Service Management, but it still functions very similar.  JSM has a unique API so it's sort of a tool within a tool.

Thanks for the response! I have fixed the no request type association by making an automated rule. For now I think I can work around it, thanks!

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

You may find The answer from Dirk in this post of use - automatically-update-the-Organizations-field-when-ticket-is-created 

Thanks, I'll take a look at it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events