How can i add properties to my customer - e.g. - phone no., role

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2022

Hi @Danna Levav ,

If you don't want to upgrade to the Premium (or Enterprise) plan of JSM, you can try our app called Customer Details for Jira Service Management. It allows collect and manage customers' data. They can be provided by agents as well as by customers on the customer portal. It's fully configurable and supports a lot of fields type. This data can be visible on the issue view and in the global app view. Thanks to the post function, you can also copy these values to custom fields. What is worth mentioning, this app is free for up to 10 users. 

Best regards,

Kate

Chief Product Officer @Appsvio | Atlassian Community Leader

Danna Levav October 30, 2022

Hi Kate, 

Thank you very much. 
I am a consultant for a company using Jira for service management and found many issues that are native to the service management activities missing in Jira. 

I will suggest the customer try this solution. 

Best regards, 

Danna 

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2022

Hi @Danna Levav ,

If this company uses JSM I guess that maybe our another app called Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management will be useful for them. It provides inter alia the possibility to edit requests on the customer portal (which I presented in this Apptoberfest article - you can leave a like 😊 ) or customizable banners.

All our apps are free for up to 10 users. We also offer a free 30-day trial. 

I also encourage you to book a demo session with us: calendly.com/appsvio

Best,

Kate

Danna Levav October 30, 2022

Hi, 

At this point, we are looking to add more details per customer such as phone. role. and that the information will be available within the tickets.

Thanks

Danna

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2022

Hi @Danna Levav,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Not from within JSM, you would have to add that information somewhere else. Either by upgrading to premium to get access to Assets, or use a CRM app that integrates with JSM. There are a couple in the Marketplace that allow you to do this. 

Danna Levav October 27, 2022

Thank you very much. 
As I see there is no solution within Jira.

This is a basic function at the service desk. To add phone no. roles, etc.

Can Confluence help here?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2022

Yes, you could create a table in Confluence for it, but it would be a manual process to get that data since you would have to go to Confluence to look it up. If you want to do it with an Atlassian app your option is to upgrade to premium subscription which gives you access to Assets (formerly known as Insight) which can be used as a CRM system. 

Like Danna Levav likes this

Just to see that I understood:

With Assets, I can add fields to the customer (phone, role, country.) and then SHOW them in a ticket in JIRA.  Is that right?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2022

Yes, you would store your customer information in Assets, and add as many attributes that you want to them, and then when they create a request, have a separate customer field that is populated with the information you want to make available on the request. This would be done using automation that match the reporter to your customer in Assets. It would look similar to what we do when adding the reporter's computer to new requests like this:

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 10.38.06 AM.png

The attributes that you see are configurable, so you can decide to show any number of them when you expand the object on the request.

If you are now allowing new customers to sign up, you would have to add them both as a customer in the project and in Assets. If you are allowing new customers to sign up for an account, you could create the customer object via automation.

Like Danna Levav likes this

OK. So Assets + Automation. 

Thank you very much. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS