Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the Automation Rule, Automatic Comment (in Different Projects)

Barış Özer March 27, 2024
Hello,

I want to automate as follows.

When the task is created in the Service Desk project and the reporter X person, this task will be issue linked to another project. When a comment is made in the issue linked ticket, I want the comment to be written automatically in the Service Desk project.

The details are as follows;

project Service Desk
Reporter X

issue linked X Project
X Project is being commented.
When a comment is made in Project X, I want the same comment to occur in the Service Desk Project.

Can you help me please.

Best regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hello @Barış Özer 

How do you determine the issue in the other project to which the Service Desk project issue will be linked?

Are you doing this for just one pair of projects; one Service Desk project and one other project?

This rule will have to be created from the Jira Administration area: System > Global Automations. You will have to set the Scope of the rule to multiple projects and then specify the projects involved.

Comments added to a Service Desk issue can be either Customer visible or Internal. When copying comments from the other project, which setting do you want to use?

What information from the comment do you want to copy? Just the content, or also the author's name and the timestamp of the comment?

What type of link relationship are you using between the issues? Do you want the comments copied only when the issues are linked with a specific relationship, or when they are linked with any relationship?

Can the issues be linked to other issues in other projects also, or in the same project, where you don't want the comments copied?

How many comments do you think you will be copying on a monthly basis? I ask because there are limits to how many rule executions can occur in a month. Review this document and the reference documents linked in it for more information. For rules involving a Jira Service Management project in the Standard plan the limit is 5000 executions per month.

Barış Özer March 28, 2024

Hello @Trudy Claspill 

I made one rule. It works as I want.

I want this rule to work when there are people for whom I want reporters in the Service Desk project. How can I do it?

I think I need to add conditions, but how?

The Service Desk project reporter will be a specific person.

image.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

You can add an Issue Fields condition

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.45.40 AM.png

Like Barış Özer likes this

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Reporter Eren Ipek is in the Service Desk project but it did not work.

What am I doing wrong?

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Reporter Eren IPEK on the Service Desk side

But

reporter Barış Özer as it is a linked issue

The reporter on the Service Desk side is important to us.

On the Service Desk side, the reporters may be Eren Ipek, Ahmet, Barış. If so, I want this rule to work.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

If you want the rule to run for Service Desk issues only when the Reporter in one of a specific set of users, then you do have to have a condition to check the Reporter in that issue.

Is OPR the Service Desk project?

According to the log, one or more of the conditions is not being met. I advise that you insert Log Actions here:

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 10.23.14 AM.png

...to print into the Audit Log each of the smart values you are checking in your Condition. That way you can assess which of the conditions is not being met.

Barış Özer March 29, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

The OPR project is a Software Project, not a help desk.

I request your help.

I want the reporter in the Service Desk project to work when there is a specific person.

Barış Özer March 29, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Hello again,

I solved it! (:

Thank you very much for the help! (:

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2024

Can you share your solution? It might help others who search the community for answers.

Barış Özer April 2, 2024
0 votes

Is there anyone to help? (:

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS