Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🤖 AMA: Virtual agent and AI for Jira Service Management

Blake Underwood
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2023

CSD-6724_998×520.jpg

UPDATE (10/12/2023): 

First of all, on behalf of all of us on the JSM team, thank you for taking the time to connect, inquire, and share your excitement about the virtual agent and Atlassian Intelligence features in JSM. We hope you learned something new, and can’t wait to see how you incorporate these solutions into your workflows! We’ll be updating this post shortly with a full recap, which will include answers to questions we weren’t able to get to during the event and more. Stay tuned!

For those of you who weren't able to join us live:

• You can find the recording of the session here [Passcode: 0=5gMsQ9]

• The virtual agent product guide is available here

• And more on the recent beta launch of Atlassian Intelligence features in JSM here

Cheers!

Blake

👋 Hello Atlassian Community!

Blake here from the Jira Service Management team. I’d like to invite you all to ask us anything about the virtual agent and Atlassian Intelligence for Jira Service Management.

Since announcing Atlassian Intelligence earlier this year, we’ve been hard at work building new, AI-powered solutions to help your teams work at high velocity. Recently, we rolled out a handful of these innovations in beta, including the virtual agent and AI issue summaries, and we know you’re curious about how to get started and what’s coming next.

Join us on October 11th at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT to get all of your burning questions answered LIVE. Feel free to ask away about:

• Our vision and roadmap for Atlassian Intelligence in JSM

• Setting up the virtual agent

• Upcoming Atlassian Intelligence features

• And anything else you can come up with!

We’ve got the following experts lined up to answer your questions:

• Jensen Fleming, Senior Product Manager, Atlassian

• Ryan Counts, Solutions Engineer, Atlassian

Here’s how it works:

• Register for the event here.

• Submit your questions below by leaving an "Answer" by October 11th.

• Upvote other interesting questions.

• Join us at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT on October 11th, 2023 via your registration link to join the conversation and get your questions answered live.

• If you can’t make it: We will include the recording in a follow-up email sent to those that RSVP. We will also update this post with the recording link post-event.

11 answers

5 votes
Girish Reddy September 13, 2023

Is virtual agent going to be available to external users i.e., unlicensed users who want support from the JSM portal?

Andrew Homeyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Girish Reddy

The Virtual Agent is currently available through the Slack experience, where any member of your Slack organization can interact with it.

In the future we do plan on making the Virtual Agent available in other experiences, and supporting unlicensed users is definitely a possibility!

Like • # people like this
5 votes
Alexander Gorham September 7, 2023

Hi there!

My organization can't wait to start using AI, however we too are a Microsoft Teams organization, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for the Teams beta.

Is there any way for my organization to prepare for when the Teams integration is released, such as being able to create intents without integrating with Slack, or something along those lines? 

Thanks!

Andrew Homeyer
Atlassian Team
September 19, 2023

Hi @Alexander Gorham! You can get started with "JSM Chat for Teams", which will bring your service experience into Microsoft Teams: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-chat-in-microsoft-teams/

When the Virtual Agent is available for Teams it will be added as a part of that same app for JSM Premium customers.

Like • Walter Buggenhout likes this
Ed Osborn October 9, 2023

@Andrew Homeyer is there any timeline for Teams availability? 

Scott King October 12, 2023

They said they expect to release it the second half of next year.

1 vote
Ed Osborn October 11, 2023

-Does Atlassian AI come into the picture at all if the end-user's words trigger an intent with high confidence? Is it only for times where an intent can't be matched?

-How can we control which Confluence spaces the Atlassian AI can parse to get answers to end-user questions? 

1 vote
Ed Osborn October 10, 2023

What members of a Teams tenant can interact with the agent? Can access be restricted, and do people require any kind of Atlassian license, or just an Atlassian account that is added as a customer of a JSM project?

1 vote
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2023

Is there a JSM API to use Atlassian Intelligence programmatically?

0 votes
Philipp Friess February 1, 2024

Hello, Is it possible to use the chatbot in Slack in your own private channel? At the moment, the requests of all members are displayed in the test channel, which makes it quite confusing. However, we would only use the chatbot to query the connected knowledge base from Confluence. No tickets should be created here in Jira Service Management, as only the agents should ask the chatbot questions. The question here would also be whether the workflow can be configured for this? A direct integration into the ticket system to first ask for a solution to incoming customer questions with internal information would also be helpful. Many thanks in advance. Regards.

0 votes
Pieter Goeminne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2023

Will the Atlassian AI also become available on the transition screens?

0 votes
Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2023

Hi!

I can't find the answers to the unanswered QA questions, so I'll just repeat it here instead:

1. Will we be able to configure the Assist bot in Slack moving forward? Right now, the profile picture, name and tone is really dull and "robotic".

We would like to personalize our bot and give it a "personality" even if that is just a name and image, and not a tone. (But tone would be amazing).

2. Are there any plans to reduce the noise from the bot?
Right now it can spam the reporter with like 4 message immediately, blowing up notifications. 
I would like to see options to remove/customize the noise.

Thanks in advance!

0 votes
Scott King October 12, 2023

Our instance of JSM does not show the "Summary" button. I do see the AI button in the editor, so it is activated. Is there any settings needed for making the "Summary" button show up?

0 votes
Harold Price October 11, 2023

Our agency uses neither Slack nor Teams, will there be another way to take advantage of this feature without those two platforms?

0 votes
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2023

Implementing AI in  JSM  will be a charm. Is there a plan to enable more Jira Automation that we can pick for out work in Jira and JSM?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events