Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[EAP ended] Now in beta: Jira Service Management AI virtual agent

Edit: The Jira Service Management virtual agent is now in GA! Learn more. 

Hey there :wave:

Since launching the Jira Service Management virtual agent in limited beta earlier this year, we’ve been hard at work fine-tuning our AI-powered solution to help your teams deliver exceptional service at scale. Today, we’re thrilled to announce that the virtual agent is now available in open beta!

Backed by Atlassian Intelligence, with powerful generative AI capabilities and a best-in-class Natural Language Processing engine, the virtual agent helps deliver fast, automated conversational support via Slack (Microsoft Teams coming soon). It analyzes and understands intent, sentiment, context, and profile information to personalize support, and learns from every interaction.

Who has access: The virtual agent (beta) is currently available in Slack for all Jira Service Management Cloud Premium and Enterprise customers.

Free up agent time to focus on the work that matters

The virtual agent helps deflect repetitive requests and allows your team to focus on more important work. Create custom intents or tap into the power of your existing knowledge base to instantly automate Tier 1 support workflows. For complex issues that need a human touch, route tickets to the right team with pre-gathered context.

intents.jpg

Delight help seekers with 24/7 self-service support

Meet your help seekers where they already work in Slack to deliver fast, always-on service. Employees can get personalized help at any time without ever having to leave their favorite collaboration tools.

6e494459-b06b-468f-89e5-bb1fdebedc36.jpeg

Get started with AI quickly to deliver value fast

Easily set up the virtual agent, regardless of technical know-how – no coding, data science, or costly consultants required. Take advantage of out-of-the-box knowledge base answers and pre-built templates to begin supporting your employees instantly.

b74365d8-dbd0-4368-93b7-666494c39741.jpeg

:ai: Activate Atlassian Intelligence answers within your virtual agent

Atlassian Intelligence answers uses generative artificial intelligence to search across your linked knowledge base and answer questions from help seekers in Slack — without needing to create an intent. This saves agents time they could be using to address more complex issues.

Note: To use AI Answers in your customer-facing request channels, your org admin needs to first activate Atlassian Intelligence for Jira Service Management at admin.atlassian.com, you’ll need to turn it on in the virtual agent settings.

Want to learn how to get started quickly with your virtual agent? Use our virtual agent product guide.

Tell us what you think!

We’d love to hear from you! Let us know your feedback in the comments below.

Stay tuned! In October, we'll be hosting a live community AMA (ask me anything) for Virtual Agent, where we’ll answer any questions you have about the feature and where it’s headed.

7 comments

Regan Marshall August 28, 2023

This is great, is there any timeline for using it with something other than Slack?

Troy Edmonds August 29, 2023

Needs to work with MS Teams 

Like # people like this
Nicole Pitaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2023

Hey @Regan Marshall @Troy Edmonds – appreciate the feedback. While our immediate focus is optimizing the virtual agent for Slack, we will begin work on supporting additional channels like Microsoft Teams shortly. Please keep an eye on the community and our public cloud roadmap for updates, and be sure to vote/follow the existing feature requests for Microsoft Teams and portal.

Txus
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2023

The AI age is here.

You have my vote for the MS Teams request.

Like # people like this
Filip Katschker September 18, 2023

What a cool feature! We are currently using Service Management with an e-mail configuration. Is it also possible to make use of the virtual agent without any Slack (or prospectively Microsoft Teams) integration with our e-mail setup @Nicole Pitaro? Thanks!

Like # people like this
Duilio Izzi December 20, 2023

Similar question that @Filip Katschker

Right now the agent only works with the slack channel of my organization. I can't onboard external clients to my slack organization just to use the agent.

It needs to have another request input. Ideally part of the service portal, or provide an api/widget to embeed on my application.

Thanks!

Like George Abdo likes this
Sydney Bach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2024

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-12279 appears to be assigned to an inactive person. @Nicole Pitaro - is it dead?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events