Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming SSO capabilities for external customers in Jira Service Management

65 comments

Luca Boero April 13, 2023

@Benjamin Paton We're interested in joining the EAP. Please let me know what is needed.

Like Benjamin Paton likes this
Geovanny Lara April 13, 2023

@Benjamin Paton - We are interested in joining the EAP for SSO. Please let me know what is needed

We have a handful of clients that are now requiring this to access the portal

Like Benjamin Paton likes this
Paul Salcombe April 13, 2023

I would also like to register interest for this. We have over 10'000 users in Auth0 or Azure AD that use the portal

Matthew Campo April 14, 2023

@Benjamin Paton 

Our organization would be interested in joining this EAP. This is a highly requested feature from internal stakeholders and customers. 

Hoping this will help smooth our customer experience as it relates to accessing our JSM portal.

Marcel April 14, 2023

We would  love to be in the EAP!

Pavel Bushuyeu April 18, 2023

@Benjamin Paton I'd be interested to beta test this functionality. 

Niles Wimber April 19, 2023

@Benjamin Paton We have ~40k student accounts that this feature would allow us to move off of the SSO setup for our faculty and staff, so we would love to participate in the EAP!

Majken Longlade April 20, 2023

Would this mean you can have an extra IdP in Atlassian Access or would your customers have to by managed by the same IdP that manages your employees? 

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2023

@Majken Longlade you will be able to have an additional IdP per JSM site. 

Like # people like this
Max Parrish
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2023

@Benjamin Paton I'm working with Utah Valley University (uvu.edu) who would like to access the EAP for this feature please

Julien Béchade May 10, 2023

Hi @Benjamin Paton

Is there still a spot available to participate to the EAP? We've just set up Atlassian Access and would love to be able to enable SSO for internal and portal only customers.

Cheers.

Julien.

Ash Young
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2023

Hi @Kalin U @David Drong-Reisch @Huw Evans @Nina Vehovec @Leon Oud @Frederik Krogh @Ian Bekker @Marta Mita @Wim Abts @Leon Roth @Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_ @DIrk Grobler @Oliver Nash @Matthew_Kent @Luca Boero @Geovanny Lara @Paul Salcombe @Matthew Campo @Pavel Bushuyeu @Niles Wimber @Max Parrish @Julien Béchade 

I've updated the blog and am actively recruiting for our (limited) EAP. We'll reach with more instructions on how to onboard and test!

If you are interested in early access please send an email to: jps@earlyaccessprogram.atlassian.net

Please include the following details in your email:

• Name(s) of key contacts for EAP
  • Email(s) of key contact for EAP
  • Atlassian site details (<site>.atlassian.net)
  • Which IdP you intend to connect for SSO (e.g. Okta, Auth0 and Azure AD...)
  • How many accounts do you intent to use SSO for (number of external customer accounts)
Like # people like this
Jason Freeze May 19, 2023

@Benjamin Paton @Ash Young 

Will the new SSO capabilities also fix the issue described in the issue below?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72691

Amit Golan May 20, 2023

Hi @Benjamin Paton , @Ash Young 

Thank you, email sent with all needed details.

We use Azure AD B2C for managing all customer identities. This is crucial for us. Looking forward to get our hands on this!

Like Ash Young likes this
Chrissy Clements May 23, 2023

@Benjamin Patoncan we join the EAP?

Ash Young
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2023

Hi @Chrissy Clements

If you meet the following criteria and are interested in early access please send an email to: jps@earlyaccessprogram.atlassian.net

Please include the following details in your email:

• Name(s) of key contacts for EAP
  • Email(s) of key contact for EAP
  • Atlassian site details (<site>.atlassian.net)
  • Which IdP you intend to connect for SSO (e.g. Okta, Auth0 and Azure AD...)
  • How many accounts do you intent to use SSO for (number of accounts)

Eligibility for EAP

1. Have a paid active JSM Cloud subscription
  2. Have a paid active Atlassian Access subscription
Like Chrissy Clements likes this
Chrissy Clements May 23, 2023

Thanks, Ash.  This has been sent.

Billy Votta June 14, 2023

We are new to Atlassian and are a non-profit with community pricing and currently only free-tier accounts (aka nothing paid) however as a non-profit we have Atlassian Access and with it Okta. We currently enjoy SSO for all our technicians (3) in JSM and for Bitbucket and Confluence. We are looking to add portal users in JSM for our ~2000 AD users. I can sync all of them to Atlassian as right now I manually license/invite users to the paid applications so I think I have the workaround someone mentioned in a prior post but haven't set up the JSM portal yet.

Integration in AD for our ~2000 users is a must have for us and we want all our users to SSO into the portal. We also need contractors and outside helpers to make tickets too without SSO so we must be able to allow them to sign up. I think this too is current functionality.

If anything I mentioned about our needs requires this new functionality, PLEASE add me to the list of folks to try this. I know we aren't paid but we are looking to become paid users and migrate our entire helpdesk to this but this is a deal breaking issue so there's zero sense in paying if the functionality isn't there.

Ash Young
Atlassian Team
June 15, 2023

Hi @Billy Votta

When to use Atlassian Accounts

We'd recommend using Internal Atlassian Accounts for any users you expect to also require access to other Atlassian products (e.g. Bitbucket, Confluence). These are likely the employees/technicians you mentioned.

You're able to use your Atlassian Access subscription for SSO with Atlassian Accounts today.

When to use Portal-only Accounts

We'd recommend using External Portal-only Accounts for any users that only need access to JSM to raise tickets. Portal-only Accounts don't have the ability to access other Atlassian products (e.g. Bitbucket, Confluence). In your scenario the "contractors" and "outside helpers" are best suited to Portal-only Accounts.

In future you will be able to decide if you wish to authenticate Portal-only Accounts with:

• Email + Password
  • SSO
  • Email + Password & SSO

Portal-only Account SSO is currently under development and will be available shortly.

Will June 20, 2023

@Benjamin Paton Our client is waiting for EAP to be realesed and they are agonizing over this scenario. Looking forward to using it soon. 

Like # people like this
François Auclair June 21, 2023

@Benjamin Paton Keen to join the EAP as soon as you are ready !

Nuh Akbulut June 28, 2023

We are a company with about 200 employees.
Now we want the employees to access the portal via SSO without first creating an Atlassian account to be able to create tickets.
Is this currently possible or is the described here exactly the purpose for this?
If this is exactly the intended use for this, we would like to register for the EAP.

Thank you very much and best regards

Will June 29, 2023

@Benjamin Paton Our client is interested in joining the EAP for SSO. They have  1500+ portal-only customers waiting for the feature. 

Can we raise this request behalf of our client?

Like # people like this
François Auclair June 29, 2023

I hear from support that the feature is coming mid-july 2023. @Benjamin Paton  let us know if we still can get early access before that

Thank you

陶政 June 30, 2023

Hi  @Benjamin Paton 

It's customer mentioned in the previous @Will 's commet.

If there is any additional EAP content that requires our confirmation, please contact me.

We greatly need this feature to support our business.

Thanks

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events