they asked me to provide a field on a Jira issue with following functionality:
1. being able to attach a business project to an issue
2. only 1 business project can be selected
3. not possible to add project on the fly by the issue creator
4. the list of projects is dynamic in the fact that once a year we should be able to change the list of possible values
5. (optional) an existing value can be changed. This is optional because this will not happen a lot and we have work arounds with bulk change for this
After capturing this request, I was thinking about a custom field with the select list (single choice) option. But trying this, I do not find the possibility to meet the 4th requirement in my list. I did not found any place where you can adjust the possible values of an existing custom field.
Do I miss something, or is this just not possible.
PS: it is for an on premise solution with version 8.2.1
Thanks in advance
Thank you for reaching out.
Actually, you can change the options added to your Select list custom field by following the steps below:
1 - Navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Custom Fields > Find the select list and click on Configure:
2 - Click on Edit options:
Let me know if this information helps.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events