Eugene January 4, 2017

5 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

Request forms in JIRA Service Desk are set up as Request Types. Go to the project settings of your Service Desk project and select Request Types. Over there, you can associate a new Request Type with an underlying issue type, select an icon, title and description for your form, configure fields and so on.

For more info on how to do the configuration, see the documentation over here.

2 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2019

Hi Eugene,

I recommend you to try our app Extension for Jira Service Desk Cloud which includes a lot of useful features. Main feature is Dynamic Forms which allows you to define which fields will appear after previous selection. You can also display more information on the Request Detail View. Documentation for this app you can find here.

Kate

Simone Lechte July 28, 2021

Hi Katarzyna, Do you know if this is the plugin that Jira is using for their support request form? I would love to copy their clean and dynamic form they have available.

Allan McCubben November 16, 2021

Hi Kate, how does the app extension work, is there a cost involved and if so what is that cost? 

Regards Allan

1 vote
hitesh_visit July 31, 2019

I will recommend you to this  Create a request form 

mariela.raudales April 16, 2020

This is interesting, but how do I embed the form in Jira?

1 vote
Eugene January 4, 2017

Thanks Walter Buggenhout [ACA IT]

Easy when you know how!

Can you enlighten me on how to add a field with preset values such as allowing a customer to select an optional priority such as High / Medium / low?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

The fields you are adding will be JIRA fields. They will be added just as they are configured in JIRA. For you specific example, if you add the Priority field from JIRA to your form, it will be populated with the options you already have available in JIRA.

If you need other fields, you can select or configure them from/as custom fields in JIRA (as a select list with the options you want), share them with your service desk project through field configuration and screen schemes and you will be able to add them to your request forms.

Like # people like this
Oscar Nieves August 31, 2020

Can custom fields be created under the request form? For example, I want to create a drop down where customers can select which department they belong to. I can't find that anywhere.

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

Eugene,

If you need more control over form behaviour then you could try our add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jirassimo.addons.intakeforms/cloud/overview

It supports dynamic hiding/showing of fields, custom look-n-feel and doesn't require any programming.

Vlad

Shani Kovalsky March 27, 2019

Hi Vlad, 

Is this plugin available only for Jira cloud?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer