How can we set the component value based on summary filed value for Jira request type?

Harikrushna Maduri October 25, 2019

I have email request form, where the users will enter the summary and description of the issue submits the request. I want to set the component value dynamically based on the summary field.

Let me know how this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2019

Hi Harikrushna,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

This is possible with automation, but it’s also complicated because we never know if the customer will indeed add the keyword to the summary for the automation to run.

If customers always use the same pattern to create tickets, you can create automation as the example below:

Screenshot 2019-10-25_13-12-18-660.png

As the request type for issues created by email is very limited to have only summary and description, there is no other field that we can use to create an automation to update de component.

Regards,
Angélica

Harikrushna Maduri October 28, 2019

Thanks

To use this automation, do I need to add any plugin or application subscription.

Could you please share more details.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

This is the built-in automation in Jira Service Desk, it's not necessary an add-on.

Please, go to Project settings > Automation to create an automation.

You can find more details on the documentation below:

- Set up rules to automate repetitive tasks 

Harikrushna Maduri October 31, 2019

Thanks for the help, I added the rule to edit the component as per my requirement forSAP.

Here is my observation, whenever a new email request comes, by default the component is set to un-assigned. After the execution of this rule, it is showing both the components SAP and un-assigned.

Could you please help me remove un-assigned from the component.

Harikrushna Maduri October 31, 2019

FYI

Rule and Ticket screenshots..Rule.PNGticket.PNG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2019

For a component to be added it must be an automation that is adding this value or the field is hidden in the form with a default value.

Please, go to Project settings > Request types and click on “Edit fields” for the request type used for tickets created by email and check if the field is hidden. If so, you can delete the field from the form.

Suggest an answer