Can't delete account

Alishan Ladhani January 13, 2019

Your account can't be deleted because:

• This account is the primary billing contact for one or more products.
  • This account is a technical contact for one or more products.

How do I fix this?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2019

This is what it says.  The account you are trying to delete is one nominated as a billing and technical contact for your Atlassian systems.

To delete the account, you need to log in to my.atlassian.com with that account, or someone else with the same rights, and remove that account from the billing and technical ownership of your systems.  (You will not be able to do this if it would leave an active licence without an owner - you will need to name someone else to be responsible)

Alishan Ladhani January 13, 2019

What if there is only one user?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2019

Then you can't delete because you must have someone named as the owner.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2019

Alishan,

To get around the problem Nic mentions, you'll have to add additional contacts to your account, set those as the primary technical or billing contact, and then you can remove the desired account.

If I were you, I'd reach out to our Customer Advocates directly. They can help you with this process.

Shannon

Tamás N. May 15, 2019

This is complete BS, let me delete my account and all related services and all my data if I dont need it anymore.

There is nobody to add as additional contact if you just try it out and want to delete it afterwards. This is a datagrab and certainly not according to data protection rules.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2019

It's no breach of data protection to need a legal record of something owned by someone who has signed up for something.

You will need to reach out as Shannon says, the advocates will be able to help you destroy your services and data, then shut down the account.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2019

Tamás,

My previous suggestion was in the event that you wanted to delete your account only, but still had an instance up and running. 

If you no longer need any of your accounts (licenses, instances, etc.) with Atlassian, then you can contact the Customer Advocates as I mentioned. They will be more than happy to help you end your services and destroy the data.

Let me know if you have any trouble getting a hold of them, and I can help you to create a ticket.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer