issue navigator issue

Elif Alverson April 19, 2016

Hello, 

When I use issue navigator, I am getting the attached problem after a few seconds I receive the search results. My JIRA screen freezes and I have to open a new JIRA session to continue. Any idea what is causing that?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2016

Ohh, someone spotted that the other day.  I didn't know about it at the time, but basically, there's a bug in the ScriptRunner add-on.

Jamie's team have it up for fixing very soon.  In the mean time, I understand that you can just turn off the "profile query" module in the script-runner add-on to prevent it.

Nick, 

Is there a way to turn off the queries or you mean not to use any filters?  As you can guess I am going to ask how to turn off the Query Profile which is attached below. Thanks so much as usual.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2016

Yes, sorry, that's what I mean by "turn off the module" - my understanding is that the query profile is a module in the script runner add-on which injects the tree-view type icon.  And gets it wrong in the current version.  So if you disable the module, the icon and the popup box should go (and hence the problem too), but the rest of script runner should carry on working.

So basically instead of using the advanced search option , we need to use basic search option since that icon pops up with the advanced search. Is that correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2016

No.  You turn off the module in the add-on causing the problem.

Although that would work, advanced search is far too useful (to the point where I forget basic searches work!)

You should be able to find it under manage add-ons - I think it's got "query" in the name.

Elif Alverson April 20, 2016

Nic,

Manage adds on only allows me to update, download, uninstall and disable the adds on itself.

I cannot see the option to select a module and or activate/deactivate a module.

Could you please tell me where to go exactly to disable the query profile module? Thank you so much!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2016

Find it in the list of installed add-ons.  Click to expand modules on the right.

Thank you so much!

Is it  going to be an upgrade available when hey fix this bug?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2016

Yes.

Thank you!

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

Hi Elif,

Did you check the context path of JIRA

Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issue-navigator-in-jira-does-not-load-properly-626327729.html

If this is not the case, can you check logs for latest activity which helps investigating the cause

Regards

Chander

Hello, thanks for the reply but this is not the same issue I am having. 

Suggest an answer