how to notify a user from user picker field?

Włodzimierz Mrozek November 9, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2015

Go to the notification scheme and add a new notification, selecting "custom field" and then the name of your user picker field from the list.

Brianna Barnes August 30, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-In this regard, I'm looking for the opposite. If I add a custom user picker, will they be notified when their name is added to the field?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2018

It depends.  The action of adding a user to a user picker could happen when an issue is created, edited or goes through a transition, so if your notification scheme says "notify users in the field when one of those three happens", then yes, they will be told.

Brianna Barnes August 30, 2018

So if there isn't any reference to the custom user picker in the notification settings, the user won't be notified?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2018

Correct. 

Although the user may be notified by other references in the notification scheme.

Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I'm facing the same issue a user is selected from user picker on the customer portal and that user should be notified on issue creation. I've configured issue creation event for that custom field but the user is not being notified.

Like Jira.Support@startv.com likes this
Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2019

Hi,

The users are getting notified.

Regards,

Chethan

Like Jira.Support@startv.com likes this
Mark_Vincent_T__Paril June 21, 2020

Hi @Chethan GR 

How did it work for you? I've set my notifications with the project, and used the Customer Field, however, whenever the requestor submits the issue created and adds the person in the user picker field, the person doesn't get any email notifications. Is there other things that you did aside from mentioned above?

Thank you!

Suggest an answer