It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to configure or add user to board

2 answers

Jackie, if you have admin access, you can go to see 'manage boards' option on your main menu. Select the board you want to provide access to the user, then see the share the board option with a group, role, or user. Add the user id (should be a valid user in Jira) and click on Add. Thanks.

Hi  Guban,
There are hundreds of menus within Jira. Which one is the main menu? I am not able to find this "manage boards" option.

Thank you.

Like # people like this

Hey,

I have the same issue, need to add user into Kanban board, but failing to see that option..

Like Jason Durst likes this

I also cannot follow this answer and am looking to accomplish the same thing

This answer is three years old, and things have moved on.  It still points to the right place, but you can only share with Groups, Projects (i.e. people who can see the issues in the project), anyone with a login or the whole world.

In the board settings I have made the filter open to the public, but I am still getting an error message "We're having troubles connecting to your boards".   Any help?

The first step is to add the user to your project.

The second step (which might be necessary) is to Share with the user any Filter you used to build the Board. You will only have to take this step if the Filter you used to build the Board is private.

Before you begin, you must be an administrator of the Jira Project.

To grant a user access to a Jira project:

1. In Jira, click Projects.
    1. If you see your Project under CURRENT PROJECT or RECENT PROJECTS, click it.
    2. If you do not see your Project, click View All Projects. For Search, type the project's name, then click it.
  2. In the lower left corner, click Project settings.
  3. On the Project settings page, scroll down while looking at the Summary column (second column from the left). In that column, click Users and roles.
  4. On the Users and roles page, near the upper right corner, click Add users to a role.
  5. In the Add users to a role box:
    1. Click in the Users or groups textbox. Type in the user's first initial and last name. Jira will display a list of matches. Click the correct user.
    2. For Role, scroll down and click Users.
    3. Click the Add button.
  6. Provide the user with a link to your project's Activity page, and see if they are able to get into the project successfully. The link will be something like https://server.com/projects/PROJECTKEY/summary
  7. Provide the user with a link to your project's Board, and see if they are able to get into the Board successfully.

To grant a user access to a specific Kanban board in your Jira project:

1. In Jira, go to the project's Activity page (something like https://server.com/projects/PROJECTKEY/summary).
  2. On the top navigation bar, click Boards, then click View all boards.
  3. For Find a board, type the Board name.
  4. When the Board name you want appears in the list, on its row, click the ... button, then click Configure.
  5. On the General and filter page, in the Filter section, under Shares, click Edit Filter Shares.
  6. On the Edit Current Filter page, if next to Viewers it says Not shared:
    1. For Add Viewers, choose Project, then click the name of your project, then All. Then click Add.
  7. Provide the user with a link to your project's Board, and see if they are able to get into the Board successfully.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,354 views 8 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you