how to change status of issues

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Click on the transitions at the top of the issue view - transitions move issues through the workflow, from one status to another.

Nic: can you edit mine? Is this a bug or a feature?

I think it's intentional - when your karma is high enough, you can edit other people's answers as well as questions. I use it to remove link bait in spam, but I don't like editing other people's stuff because I don't want to end up drowning people out or twist what they're trying to say. With Sam's recent efforts to reduce spam tending to remove the body of spam, I think I'd like the "edit other's answers" to be turned off...

Aha. I agree fully, it doesnt make any sense that we should be able to edit each others replies, but maybe everyone bellow a certain level of karma (i.e potential spammers.)

0 votes
Hoang Dong Atlassian Team Oct 16, 2015

I assume that you are asking how to change status from the list of issues. Go to "Search for issues" and put your filter that searching all issues you want to change into new status. Click on the gear icon from the up right side "Tools" --> Bulk Change --> Follow the instruction for move all those issues to new status. Choose the operation "Transition Issues"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

464 views 2 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you