how to change status of issues


2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Click on the transitions at the top of the issue view - transitions move issues through the workflow, from one status to another.

Nic: can you edit mine? Is this a bug or a feature?

I think it's intentional - when your karma is high enough, you can edit other people's answers as well as questions. I use it to remove link bait in spam, but I don't like editing other people's stuff because I don't want to end up drowning people out or twist what they're trying to say. With Sam's recent efforts to reduce spam tending to remove the body of spam, I think I'd like the "edit other's answers" to be turned off...

Aha. I agree fully, it doesnt make any sense that we should be able to edit each others replies, but maybe everyone bellow a certain level of karma (i.e potential spammers.)

0 votes
Hoang Dong Atlassian Team Oct 16, 2015

I assume that you are asking how to change status from the list of issues. Go to "Search for issues" and put your filter that searching all issues you want to change into new status. Click on the gear icon from the up right side "Tools" --> Bulk Change --> Follow the instruction for move all those issues to new status. Choose the operation "Transition Issues"

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Posted Oct 09, 2018 in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

400 views 6 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you