how do I modify sprint end date

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Planning your sprint

Ask your question here...

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
  1. Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
  2. Click Backlog.
  3. Hover over the sprint name or date field, click and type the new name or date, then press Enter.
    Note, the Start Date and End Date are not specified until you start the sprint.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-sprints/editing-or-reordering-a-sprint

I am also seeking a solution for this. Having the end date of a sprint determined only by when the sprint was closed makes it impossible to preserve consistency in the reports for the reality of sprint periods if for any of many reasons the sprint is not closed on the actual date it ends.

However, the solution presented here does not work (for me at least). Clicking the sprint end date does nothing. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

I am having the same problem. This solution is no longer valid. I think the documentation needs updating for 7.0.

Actually, it works when I hover on SOME sprints, but not the current Sprint.

To modify an active sprint end date, 

• Go to backlog
  • Click ... of the active sprint. see image below.

Edit Sprint.PNG

Click edit sprint, you can edit Sprint name, start date, end date and goal.

This answer should have been the accepted one. Thank you.

To update the Sprint end date in JIRA v7.6

* Go to backlog

* Click on the field you want to update (ex: if you want to update the end date, click on end date)

Selection_008.png

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

769 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you