It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how do I modify sprint end date

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Planning your sprint

Ask your question here...

6 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
  1. Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
  2. Click Backlog.
  3. Hover over the sprint name or date field, click and type the new name or date, then press Enter.
    Note, the Start Date and End Date are not specified until you start the sprint.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-sprints/editing-or-reordering-a-sprint

I am also seeking a solution for this. Having the end date of a sprint determined only by when the sprint was closed makes it impossible to preserve consistency in the reports for the reality of sprint periods if for any of many reasons the sprint is not closed on the actual date it ends.

However, the solution presented here does not work (for me at least). Clicking the sprint end date does nothing. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

LATER: My issue is different and is for Jira Cloud. Modifying the end date was no problem once I understood it better. The real problem is the sprint close date. If a sprint isn't closed on the exact right date...too bad. The Jira reports are off from what is desired. Permanently.

Like # people like this

I am having the same problem. This solution is no longer valid. I think the documentation needs updating for 7.0.

Like annie megan hetu likes this

Actually, it works when I hover on SOME sprints, but not the current Sprint.

But it worked for me.

You need to go to backlog, identify the sprint. Just below that the start date and end date is available. Go there and update.

Like # people like this

Went back to backlog and was able to identify and edit sprint

Like # people like this

Thanks.

To modify an active sprint end date, 

• Go to backlog
  • Click ... of the active sprint. see image below.

Edit Sprint.PNG

Click edit sprint, you can edit Sprint name, start date, end date and goal.

This answer should have been the accepted one. Thank you.

Like # people like this

That did the trick, Thanks.

Note that the date changes may take a few minutes to reflect in your Sprint board (from my experience).

Short and precise. Thanks!

Like Archana Chennadi likes this

i solved it when update the sprint's name

To update the Sprint end date in JIRA v7.6

* Go to backlog

* Click on the field you want to update (ex: if you want to update the end date, click on end date)

Selection_008.png

Thank you For info , It is working :-)

Like # people like this

Thanks. It works!

aurday I'm New Here Friday

This works just fine

I was able to change the end date but it never updated on the sprint board.  Any ideas?

took about half an hour to update.

Hi, 
I tried the solution you offer. 
but my main question is how can I update future sprint dates. 
The dates effects my Gantt 

Would modifying the start time of an active sprint affect anything else? Sprint work was not started on the date  eg jan 1st , but the Sprint was created and start date was set as jan 1st. Work only commenced in eg jan 7 . Can I caller the start date without it affecting anything else? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,073 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you