display custom field in backlog issues list

Ashley Kitson November 21, 2016

In a kanban backlog, how do I get a custom field to display in the list of issues? - I got it in the detail view side pane, but want to see it in the list

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

Go to your Kanban board and click on the "Board" button on the top-right corner > Configure.

Then, click on the option "Card layout" on the left side.

Select your custom field in the dropdown menu and click on the Add button.

Ashley Kitson November 22, 2016

Hi Ignacio

Not quite what I was after - I have already done that.

I'm after showing the custom field in teh backlog list e.g. here

image2016-11-22 11:6:40.png

Thanks.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2016

I confirm there's a backlog section on Card Layout section for showing there up to 3 extra fields, including custom ones.

ColinB August 12, 2019

This worked for me yesterday, but it forced them onto a second row. Not terrible, but I wondered if it was possible to use the space left in the original first row in the middle?

Like JochenS likes this
JochenS November 5, 2019

That would be really cool. The additional rows screw up the visualization a log. For something like Storypoints the way it looks like in a Scrum Board is 10 times more appealing.

Suggest an answer