attaching a web link

Lorraine Vaccarella June 13, 2019

With this recent update to Jira (June 13th), I could not find how to attach a web link?  It used to be combined under the + (plus sign) but all that was there was linking related stories/cards.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2019

Hello Lorraine,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I believe you are meaning the New issue View as displayed in the screenshot below when you say the last update of JIRA. Is it correct?

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.06.11.png

If I understood this properly, I would like to mention that the New issue view of JIRA is still a lab feature, so our developers have not implemented the ability to add external web links to issues yet.

To track the progress of our developers on the implementation of this feature, you can check the feature request below:

External web links missing in new issue view

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

That been said, you can still add weblinks in the old issue view, so you can turn off the new issue view (in JIRA Cloud) by performing the steps below:

- Click on your profile picture at the bottom left corner of JIRA > Personal Settings

- Turn off the New issue view lab feature

let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events