archive

JM Zuniga February 8, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Task management with JIRA

How do I release or archive DONE tasks from JIRA core?

1 answer

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

Assuming you want a Done task to be removed from the board of your JIRA Core project, read this quotation from this documentation:

• Issues disappear from the last column after 14 days of inactivity. Select the link at the bottom of this column to see them again.
JM Zuniga February 9, 2017

Great thanks for the quick response @Ignacio Pulgar.  

So just to confirm, there is no way for us to force "release" the resolve tickets?  

I noticed that in project settings, there is a versions sections - is there any way I could put the Done tickets there?  It doesnt seem to allow any editing outside of just setting the release name and dates.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2017

No, I'm afraid the board function in JIRA Core is pretty simple and hard coded.

JM Zuniga February 9, 2017

Thanks for confirming Nic.  Appreciate the fast update! Cheers!

Sheldon Shi October 17, 2017

I saw the same document. But in my "Business" project, the issues in the last "Done" column haven't disappeared after 3 months of inactivity. I have "To Do", "In Progress", "In Review", and "Done" statuses. What could be the reason?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2017

Is this a simple Core Jira board, or a Kanban or Scrum?

What is the definition of your "done" column?

Sheldon Shi October 20, 2017

It is a Business project, so the board should be a simple Core Jira board. "Done" is the end of the work flow, and the last column of the board. 

Suggest an answer