Wrong status name in a workflow

matthias_interaktiv June 3, 2016

I have a strange problem with a workflow status: The list at /secure/admin/ViewStatuses.jspa shows me a status name "open". If I click on the edit-Button it displays the correct name "scheduled". How is that possible? And how can I change the name of the status "open"?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Hey Matthias!

When was the last time a re-index was done on your instance?  Give that a shot as a first troubleshooting step.  If that doesn't solve it, let me know!

Thanks!

0 votes

Hi Cody,

this was our first clue wink After re-indexing the status is still named "open". 

There must be a problem with the workflow scheme, i guess.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Darn, alright.  smile

What happens if you try and create a new status called 'Scheduled', and replace the troublesome one in your workflows?  I have a sneaking suspicion that the 'Open' status name is not editable, as it's the initial open status for other workflows.

Ok, it's getting more strange. I can't create a new status called 'Scheduled' because he says that it's created already. But this status still only appears in the edit box on the status 'Open'.

If I create a new workflow i can choose both status...

And if I choose 'Scheduled' this status is linked with 'Open'.

Veeeery confusing..

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

Okay, what happens if you change the 'Open' status name back to 'Open', then try and create the 'Scheduled' status?

Okay I think this works now. Thanks for your assistance!

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

Okay great!  

If everything is working, I'd appreciate you marking this as answered.  Thanks!  smile

Suggest an answer