At the moment I've configured a post function in a workflow where it updates a parameter (Update Issue Custom Field) and under Custom Field Value I have the option to input a value and you can use macros. Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. post_function.JPG
1) To set an automatic assignee go to your workflow and go to operations and click on "edit".
2) in TEXT mode, go to the top and on the first step (example: OPEN), the very first word. Click on it
3) In this step, click on "CREATE"
4) on the transition: create, you are going to set up a Post Function. Click on the Post Function tab.
5) click on "Add post function", click on "update issue field".
6) Issue field should be set at: Assignee, and in the field value search for the person or group you want to be auto assigned. Click "add"
I hope these step by step instructions help you out.
I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs