Wondering if Jira has a macro for automatic assignee?

Support Access 2 networks May 26, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2016

What do you mean by macro?

Automatic assignee can be done by selecting "automatic" when creating an issue.  The rules are set on a project/component level

Support Access 2 networks May 26, 2016

At the moment I've configured a post function in a workflow where it updates a parameter (Update Issue Custom Field) and under Custom Field Value I have the option to input a value and you can use macros. Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. post_function.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2016

Ah, the function calls in the custom field post-function add-on.  No, the only functions available there are the listed ones.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

The Assign to Lead Developer will take the Component Lead value and assign it to them, allowing you to use the Component/s feature Nic mentioned but keep it on a Post-Function. I forget which Add-on adds that function.

0 votes
John Pfotzer May 26, 2016

1) To set an automatic assignee go to your workflow and go to operations and click on "edit".

2) in TEXT mode, go to the top and on the first step (example: OPEN), the very first word. Click on it

3) In this step, click on "CREATE" 

4) on the transition: create, you are going to set up a Post Function. Click on the Post Function tab.

5) click on "Add post function", click on "update issue field".

6) Issue field should be set at: Assignee, and in the field value search for the person or group you want to be auto assigned. Click "add"

DONE.

I hope these step by step instructions help you out.

welcome

John

Suggest an answer