Why are my filters broken all of a sudden? Error: The value 'Open' does not exist for the field 'sta

Deleted user February 5, 2020

I visited my dashboard this morning and everything was working fine (all filters etc) this afternoon I have an error on all of the filters using "open" for status. I thought Open was the default for when a task was opened. These filters worked fo the last year so I am confused why they stopped.

The value 'Open' does not exist for the field 'status'.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nich Hogue
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

Hi Jennifer

I would double check that Open still exists for the tickets. The first thing that comes to mind with how these filters would break is that someone modified your workflow. It's possible to re-name an issue status, or update your workflow and remove/replace that status. So that's why it's the first place I would check in the actual tickets. 

Deleted user February 5, 2020

There is no longer an open status you are correct it now seems to be a software tight status but I didn’t change anything how could this be changed? Where would this be changed? I checked all of my workflows and they seem to be the same. I was not in the Jira admin at all

Nich Hogue
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

Most likely what happened is another admin went in to their workflow that also had Open as a status and changed it to software tight. Statuses are shared across all of a Jira instance. Unlike transitions if you re-name a status it renames it globally not just in one project. 

If you have admin and can check the Audit Log if your cloud instance has Atlassian Access, https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/audit-logging-970612562.html . From there you can see who performed the change and help educate. 

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events