When and how will Bitbucket Pipelines integrate with JIRA releases

I was told that Bitbucket Pipelines will eventually integrate with JIRA releases. I'd like to know if there are further details on how and when this might happen.

Our current workflow uses JIRA releases to trigger a build in Bamboo Cloud. I'd like to replace the Bamboo Cloud portion with Bitbucket Pipelines.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Megan Cook Atlassian Team Jul 18, 2016

Hi Chris!

This is something we are currently considering. I would love to hear more about how you're using the current integration with Bamboo and how you would like Pipelines integration to work with JIRA. If you like you can email me directly at mcook@atlassian.com

Any update on this feature? We're currently using pipelines to build and deploy, and it would be great to be able to create a JIRA release from within a successful pipeline build

@Megan Cook

I would also be very interested in integrating JIRA releases with BitBucket Pipelines. 

Looking for something similar as how Bamboo is aware of JIRA releases. E.g. when you "release' a version in JIRA, and JIRA is integrated with Bamboo, it starts a Bamboo build. The bamboo build knows the JIRA version as one of the input variables for the build.

This way, in Bamboo (and hopefully in Bitbucket soon) i can collect all JIRA issues and/or commits that were done for that JRIA release and as part of running a build/pipeline. The software I'm working with uses incremental releases, so only the new or changed code has to be included in the build. That's why having the JIRA release number as an input parameter for the Bitbucket pipeline build is important.

Thank you for considering this integration.

Let me know what the latest status is.

Megan,

I replied via email.

@Pieter Hartog @Ben Chris

In case you're still interested, one of our product managers is currently trying to get a better understanding of the use cases for this potential feature. 

Check out this feature request for more info, and if you're interested in sharing your use case with Atlassian, read her comment and let her know! :) 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 11 hours ago in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

32 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you