• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • When I import by XML data from JIRA server 7.0.0 to Jira Cloud it wipes my previous project data. How can I merge my current backup with exiting project in JIRA cloud.

When I import by XML data from JIRA server 7.0.0 to Jira Cloud it wipes my previous project data. How can I merge my current backup with exiting project in JIRA cloud.

Tahir Patel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 12, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2016

Before you import XML data, move all your issues to a temporary project using bulk move, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/modifying-multiple-bulk-issues-720416468.html

After you have imported XML data, bulk move all issues back to the restored project from the temporary project

Tahir Patel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 17, 2016

Hi,

I have tried this solution but no luck. Still my exiting data get overwritten with new data and configuration.

Please Help!

Suggest an answer