What is "review status" on backlog items?

gvari September 13, 2016

Some of my backlog items inside a sprint are in status "review".

I don't understand why they ended up in that state and I don't understand how to change it.

The sprint board has 3 columns: To Do, In Progress and Done.

The "In progress" column contains both "In review" and "In progress"...

Te "in review" status is indeed in the workflow.

I don't want to use "in review" for now...I would like to remove it or not to transition items in that status...

Any help welcome

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user September 14, 2016

Glasn, Ranganath is correct. you could modify the board, but If you don't want to use the status, you'll need to remove it from the workflow. When you Publish the change, JIRA will ask you what status to reassign to the issues that were in the old "In Review" status. - easy - 

BUT

Remember, if any other projects use that workflow you will be modifying them also. If you don't want that to happen, make a copy of the existing workflow, make your modifications then attach the new workflow to the project you want to update.

0 votes
Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

@Glasn Host - JIRA agile board is configured into three columns by default. Which is "To Do, In Progress and Done", we call them as columns on board.

For these three columns, workflow status will be mapped.

To configure columns you can follow these steps,

1. Select your board
  2. Drill-down Board
  3. Select Configure
  4. Select Columns

Now you can configure your board accordingly with required status to respective columns.

Also, remember "in review" status is coming from workflow, if you no longer need that status then you can customize your workflow to your needs and configure to board columns.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events