What does it mean when a ticket is completed outside a spint

The Sprint report often shows "Issues complete outside a sprint". What does this mean outside a sprint? Sometimes, we pulled tickets in the middle of the sprint. Is that why? 

How about tickets that are carried over multiple sprints? 

thanks. 

caroline 

2 answers

1 votes
Mahesh S Community Champion Oct 18, 2016

Those issues are completed outside the scope of the sprint time frame. Please check the resolved date of the issues and refer the below links as well.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/37859236

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39231597

0 votes

A board filters for a set of issues.  A sprint includes a sub-set of those issues, the ones you have chosen to work on for the sprint.

If you take an issue that is not included in the current sprint, and complete it while the sprint is running, then, well it is an "issue complete outside a sprint".  You didn't plan it into the sprint, but did it anyway, outside the sprint.

Issues spanning many sprints are fine, they'll just be not complete in older sprints, although they should be rare (if it happens a lot, your estimates need improving)

"issue complete outside a sprint" were can we see this report details . 

Pls assist

It's in the sprint report, as mentioned in the question.

Thanks for the Reply.

I got it .

but i am seeing the task that is created out of sprint as "Issues Removed From Sprint"

is both meant same?

No.  Issues removed from a sprint are issues you have in the sprint when you start it, but decide to remove, putting them back into the backlog or another sprint.  Not new issues (unless you are adding them to the sprint and then removing them)

currently i have a open sprint which is active. I am creating a task and not taking to this active sprint. and changing the task to done , still my sprint is active. 

in which report i can see this done task 

i thought i can see this task under the "issue complete outside a sprint", but in the sprint report i don't see any header like this.

pls assist

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

377 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot