Webhooks not triggering in JIRA OnDemand if the url is HTTPS

Hi All,

Why Webhooks not triggering the external URL if that is HTTPS? My JIRA server is hosted in Cloud. Is there any settings/Configuration in JIRA to call a HTTPS url in webhooks?

Thanks

Esh

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer
David Currie Atlassian Team Oct 11, 2015

If you're trying to connect to a self-signed certificate, that will fail as the certificate doesn't exist in the Cloud instance's trust store. Cloud only allows connecting to SSL endpoints that have certificates that are signed by a proper CA (ie one that exists in the Java trust store).

You could either get a signed certificate (they're relatively cheap) or would need to look at connecting over HTTP (which is not recommended since the traffic isn't encrypted).

Also it will either need to be running on 443, as other traffic is not allowed through our outbound proxies.

Hi David, We enabled HTTP access in the destination url ONLY for JIRA Cloud instance. Actually we enabled port 80 in the destination server for this IP 104.192.140.178 (https://msi-dev.atlassian.net). Still not working, why?

David Currie Atlassian Team Oct 12, 2015

It would help to raise a support case for this at https://support.atlassian.com and we can have a look further. I went to raise one for you but wasn't 100% on which account to use, and didn't want you to miss the mail.

Hi David, my account email id is Aver.eswaran@gmail.com. Also we are planning to buy SSL Certificate to solve this issue. Are you sure if we buy proper certificate, Webhooks can able to trigger?

David Currie Atlassian Team Oct 16, 2015

I'm not sure if it will or not without looking further, we created a support case for you and can take a look.

0 votes

I would expect this to "just work". Just to confirm, you have configured this manually? You are not writing an Atlassian Connect addon?

I configured manually. I did not write any addon. If I use HTTP instead HTTPS, its working without any issue. But I want to post only in HTTPS.

Also its self signed certificate in the url

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

72 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you