User cannot "complete" a sprint (missing permission)

Davide Bianchi August 22, 2018

I have a user that until yesterday could "complete" the sprint, but now the button is greyed out and the tooltip claim that he is lacking permissions.

As far as I can see, he has all the required permissions, despite me rummaging around with all the possible permission he still can't click on the button.

Funnily enough, *I* can access that button but apparently even if I give him all the permissions I have, he still can't.

Any idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2018

Hi @Davide Bianchi,

The user should have Manage Sprints permission (for all projects in the board), in order to complete any of the active sprints.

Please look at the following screenshot taken from the JIRA Software documentation

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.18.46 PM.png

Regards,

Ravi Varma

As far as I can see, he has that permission. And there is only one project on the board.

Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2018

Hi @Davide Bianchi,

I would recommend to go through the Permissions overview section in JIRA Software documentation (http://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/documentation/JIRASOFTWARESERVER072-170816.pdf), so that you can determine what is happening with that user.

Also, if you can provide a screenshot of relevant screens (Project permissions, Sprint screen etc), I would try to investigate.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Project permissions, the user is the one marked with red, and he has the "SprintManager" role. I've asked him to send me a screenshot of the related Sprint screen.

userrights.png

...and of course NOW he said that "it's working"!

>:-(

grrr... nevermind...

Suggest an answer