Upgrade via GUI is not for real...

Itamar Ben Sinai June 30, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Core 7.1.x release notes

This is what Jira's versions look like after Gui upgradeimage2016-6-30 13:55:16.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

Yes, that's correct.  Is there a question here?

Just a remark that admins should be notified of this limited upgrade

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

What "limited upgrade"?  I'm afraid I'm not understanding the problem or question here.  Could you explain?

Glad to..

I've encountered the bug in JRA-61179.

In 7.1.8 there is mention of a fix to this bug, so i upgraded JIRA 7.1.7 with the bug, to the bugless 7.1.8 via the GUI upgrade option.

So far so good, but when trying to import CSV which was bugged in 7.1.7, I've realized that the bug still exists.

The mention of the upgrade limitation in JIRA Software if exist via the GUI is not clear enough  ("If you update JIRA Software 7.1.8 through the Application page in JIRA, you won't notice any difference. If you upgrade your instance to JIRA Software 7.1.8 using the full installer, this will include the JIRA Core 7.1.8 update.") .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2016

Right, so you misunderstood the documentation, and upgraded the wrong thing.   I'm still not sure what the question is.

I'm not sure the documentation can be "clarified".  It seems clear to me.  Although it's not really related to what you were trying to do, so maybe the fault is in whatever you read that got you there?

Suggest an answer