Update JIRA project lead as default assignee doesn't work when cloning an issue.

Deleted user November 4, 2019

Is this a bug or is there another way to add assignee during cloning?

When creating new issue in project directly project lead is set to default assignee.

1 answer

1 vote
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

For Create Transition in workflow , you can add post function called Assign to Lead Developer which assigns the issue to default assignee that is project lead and it is working for cloning and creating issues as well.

Please refer below screenshots for your reference.

postf01.pngpostf2.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Deleted user November 5, 2019

I guess it is not possible to create a workflow transition in this case, since it is a new cloned issue and not the same issue moved between statuses.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

You need to add above post function to your existing create transition for the workflow.

Please refer screenshot for the transition what i'm referring here.cot01.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Deleted user November 13, 2019

But, is Lead developer the same as project lead?

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2019

Yes @[deleted] , If you do not have components leads then Project lead refered as lead developer.

Lucia Guzman March 24, 2021

thank you @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ the components was the issue for me!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events