UFT integration with JIRA to extract test details

Radhakrishna Thammaiah January 31, 2016

Hi Team, we are looking for UFT integration with JIRA to extract test case details and defect associated to Test case into Excel file. Please help us with process and code.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2016

You might want to explain what UFT is (I don't think you mean "unified field theory", which is the only thing that springs to my mind), and then how you are storing your tests and defects in JIRA.

Radhakrishna Thammaiah February 1, 2016

UFT is Unified Functional Testing tool from HP, formally this is called QTP (Quick Test Professional)

test case and defect are created under Issue in JIRA, Task and Bug respectively

Like Laurent ACHARD likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2016

For a download of tasks and bugs, run a filter for them and use the "excel download" option that appears on the options on the results page.

As far as I'm aware, there are no add-ons for direct integration between JIRA and UFT, mainly because everyone seems to have different ideas about what "integration" means and what they want to do with it. 

If you could explain what you want in detail, we could probably give you some hints.

thierry bouche February 17, 2016

Hello All,

I am in the same search, we are using JIRA and UFT for test automation, the idea is how we can get

1) automatic launch UFT test from JIRA (like a cucumber test) ?

2) how to get UFT test result and update JIRA ticket ? (for this one we are using Xray, so we can echange Excel file or REST API right ?)

Thanks for the support/ideas

Thierry

Like Shyam.Sundar likes this
Shiju Jacob June 14, 2016

Let me know if this was working for you the integration of JIRA(XRAY) and HP UFT

sirattack February 7, 2019

@Shiju Jacob & @thierry bouche 

did you have any solutions with integration Jira-Xray and UFT ? This would be a huge help for me. 

VikasB February 21, 2019

The UFT task for Bamboo plugin can link the test results to JIRA issue. If your test name contains Xray test id similar as usual JIRA id , it will link result like any other JIRA issue.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213959/uft-for-bamboo

You can try this out if it helps!

Mohd Nazim April 9, 2020

As there is no specific UFT integration with Xray , We cannt trigger scripts from Xray though we can update Xray with results using Xray REST APIs . For detail see below link:

https://qautomation.blog/2020/04/03/uft-integration-with-xray-jira/

Suggest an answer