UFT integration with JIRA to extract test details

Hi Team, we are looking for UFT integration with JIRA to extract test case details and defect associated to Test case into Excel file. Please help us with process and code.

2 answers

0 vote

You might want to explain what UFT is (I don't think you mean "unified field theory", which is the only thing that springs to my mind), and then how you are storing your tests and defects in JIRA.

UFT is Unified Functional Testing tool from HP, formally this is called QTP (Quick Test Professional)

test case and defect are created under Issue in JIRA, Task and Bug respectively

For a download of tasks and bugs, run a filter for them and use the "excel download" option that appears on the options on the results page.

As far as I'm aware, there are no add-ons for direct integration between JIRA and UFT, mainly because everyone seems to have different ideas about what "integration" means and what they want to do with it. 

If you could explain what you want in detail, we could probably give you some hints.

Hello All,

I am in the same search, we are using JIRA and UFT for test automation, the idea is how we can get

1) automatic launch UFT test from JIRA (like a cucumber test) ?

2) how to get UFT test result and update JIRA ticket ? (for this one we are using Xray, so we can echange Excel file or REST API right ?)

Thanks for the support/ideas

Thierry

Let me know if this was working for you the integration of JIRA(XRAY) and HP UFT

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

32 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you