Trying to write a filter to show all Epics that are missing a particular Story

Wes Thoemke March 9, 2021

Hello, my company uses your plug-in to Jira and I have a particular kind of query I want to run, but am struggling to figure out how. I'm trying to figure out a filter that will show me all of my Epics that are missing a particular child Story, and by "particular" I mean that contains certain text in the summary.

Some context for this - we use Epics, and under *each* Epic we are *supposed* to have certain 5 Stories created, and they all have particular strings of text in the summary. I'm trying to come up with a filter that will show me a list of all Epics that are missing any one of the 5 certain stories.

Said differently, I'm trying to make a list of all Epics that are missing certain work items.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Wes Thoemke  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You note that your company is using a plug-in to Jira; what plug-in is that and who is the vendor?  Knowing that will help the community provide you with suggestions.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer