Transition conditions not working

DJ May 6, 2020

Hello Everyone, 

I am facing a weird issue here. 

I designed a custom workflow and each transition has one or two conditions based on the group. It works fine for certain users as it is suppose to work (i.e it shows you dont have permission to make this transition) while some users in the group can make the transitions throughout the workflow. I checked users access and groups and it looked the same as others. I am the admin for this and it also shows me i dont have permission to make the transition as I am not in any of the groups which is fine. 

Why would some users still be able to make the transitions? why would the condition wont apply to certain users and applies to others?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

Could you show us all the conditions you have set for one of the mis-behaving transitions, and then the roles, groups etc for one of the people who don't appear to be experiencing the right block/allow?

DJ May 7, 2020

Here is the scenario:

NEW ----------------> In Progress -----------------> Done
           (HR GROUP)                           (HR GROUP)
                                                          (ACCT GROUP)

basically acct group should not be able to make a transition from new to in progress, but somehow few people in the group are able to make the transition. 
The condition I have used is radio button (Users in a Group). Above is just an example, my workflow is much bigger. And somehow few people in ACCT group can make the transition throughout the workflow. 

I havent changed any roles for the project, its default or just nothing. I am the lead for the project but as I havent added myself in either of the groups, I am not able to make the transitions and thats how it should be as per groups.

I doubled checked the group members, their individual profiles as well but nothing different for them.

Hope I was able to explain it right. 

DJ May 7, 2020

I found one more problem while trying to resolve this. If I add myself in the group, it gives me the permission to transition the issue which is good but after I remove myself from the group, I still have the permission. Looks like groups are not updating on the workflow. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

Conditions are evaluated at the point where an issue is displayed.  There is no "groups updating on the workflow".

Could you show us the conditions you have on the example transition?

DJ May 8, 2020

image.pngimage.pngHere are the first two transitions

DJ May 8, 2020

I was able to make it work. Thank you for the replies. 

arnaud le louet July 7, 2021

Hello,

I have the same problem.

What have you done ?

Thank

DJ July 8, 2021

Apparently it was the issue on atlassian cloud database. I reached out to the support and they were able to refresh the database on their end. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events